The position of Payroll Technician reports to Payroll Supervisor. Technicians perform a wide variety of record keeping and payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, processing requests for off cycle paychecks including terminations. Technicians operate all departmental equipment. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing.
Primary/Major Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Under general supervision, perform complex work involved in the processing of Alutiiq payrolls.
- This position is responsible for full payroll process of multi-state employer including auditing and processing incoming payroll data as well as assisting departments with applicable forms and processes.
- Position processes variety of payrolls including weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll for assigned employee groups.
- Technicians perform complex payroll calculations.
- Compiles, analyzes, calculates, balances and audits from all relevant information and forms
- Process adjustments and enters information into the payroll system (Cost Point)
- Coordinates and reviews employee hours/days on timesheets and researches and resolves discrepancies.
- Input and verify labor corrections as well as posting leave adjustments after peer review
- And all other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written and verbal skills needed as this position communicates via phone and e-mail with sites, employees and managers.
- Candidate must be able to comprehend and perform complex payroll work with accuracy and a strong sense of urgency.
- Must be able to operate office machines, including a computer, copier, fax and 10-key by touch and make arithmetic calculations.
- Communicate effectively in English; follow as well as understand oral and written directions.
- Maintain cooperative working relationships; demonstrate sensitivity to, and respect for, a diverse population.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suites, particularly Excel and Outlook is required.
- Deltek Costpoint experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- A minimum of three years of progressively complex Payroll experience in a multi-org environment required
Anchorage, Alaska, United States
Afognak Native Corporation, Alutiiq LLC and their subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.